Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Night Special

We just had a fantastic dinner- all made within restrictions. 

Seared Scallops over quinoa with White Wine Mushroom Cream Sauce:

Scallops seared in butter
Quinoa made with chicken stock 
Sauce- mushrooms, onion, olive oil, white wine, salt, pepper and Greek yogurt 

 It was my first time searing scallops at home and I have to say they were perfection! I think seeing so many poorly made scallops on Hell's Kitchen inspired me to pay more attention. If you watch the show you know the scallop station is always a challenge. 

Following that I made a pie today. I was attempting pie crust with alternate ingredients. Pie is one of my major food groups, you know along with cheese, coffee, bread and potatoes. 

So attempting home made pie crust for the first time and with alternate ingredients my expectations were low. The results were fantastic! The crust is super flaky and tasty. The only place I notice a big difference is the edges. I don't long to break the crust edge off on the entire pie to eat alone as I do with regular crust. But this is a much healthier version and very good. 

Triple Berry Pie:

Crust- almond flour, unbleached flour, coconut oil, egg, vinegar, water, salt

Filling- strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raw local honey, chia gelled, egg, dash of unbleached flour 


It's been a very tasty evening in! 


No comments:

Post a Comment