Saturday, April 5, 2014

Bread

I've been on an adventure to find a good bread recipe. Here are a few I've worked through. 

Almond honey bread:
Almond flour, whole wheat flour, honey, almond milk, coconut oil and butter

To go with the amazing warm bread coming out of the oven I started making chia jam!
Strawberry rhubarb chia jam:
Honey, strawberries, rhubarb and chia. 
I've also made a plain strawberry version that is just as tasty! I eat this stuff on everything! My favorites are yogurt and warm bread. My family likes it on vanilla ice cream. 

Oat wheat bread:
Oat flour, whole wheat, egg, half and half, coconut oil, butter, honey and water


Hummus flatbread/crust:
We ate this with chicken, cous cous and Greek cucumber sauce then made a chicken three cheese flatbread  on the leftovers for dinner.
It was nice and crusty! 
Garbonzo bean flour, water, olive oil, sea salt, while wheat flour 

In the end the oat wheat loaf is my favorite. I make I weekly and my kids love it also. The flatbread is super tasty also with a great crunch to it. 

Bread is back on the menu! Color me happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment