Saturday, January 4, 2014

3 days down


So today has been the hardest so far. I did ok all day until we had company tonight. I planned ahead so I had options for appetizers, entree and dessert I could easily have among what everyone else was eating. It sounds so good in theory. Once there was a bar of apps, crackers, cheese, dressings, dips and many other grab and go snacks I couldn't eat I had to use a lot of restraint. I'm learning a lot of my eating is done without thinking. I eat a lot as it passes by even if I'm not hungry but just because I see it. I caught myself a few times tonight reaching out for things I wasn't allowed without realizing it. There were a few dishes brought that looked amazing and were things I would have loved to eat. I said no to all of the above. It was a challenge but I'm glad I got through the day without cheating. 

So without further adieu:

Breakfast 
Blueberry "pancakes" ( brown rice flour, almond flour, vinegar, baking soda, almond milk and blueberries) 

Turkey sausage cooked in blueberries 


Lunch
Turkey burger with sautéed veggies 

Dinner (for me)
Grilled chicken breast and tossed salad ( homemade oil and vinegar dressing) 

I just finished round three of chicken and salad now that everyone left. Tomorrow will be an easier day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment