Monday, January 20, 2014

Finding a good middle ground


Today I dove into some old recipes made a new way. For lunch I made poppyseed chicken. Instead of canned soup I used chicken broth, seasoning and milk. I added Greek yogurt for the sour cream
And I prefer it with a little cheddar cheese. It was amazing. I made a friend's rice recipe- brown rice made with chicken stock and butter.  It may have turned me into a regular rice eater. I served the chicken dish over the rice. Lunch was so good I couldn't wait for dinner to eat leftovers. 
This afternoon I decided to make some chocolate chip bread. The dough was more of a cookie consistency so I decided to bake them as cookies instead. They are very good cookies but I probably could have baked them as muffins as well given that they are a more cake-like consistency. The cookies are almond flour, egg, baking powder, rolled oats, almond butter (unsweetened), honey and applesauce also unsweetened with mini semisweet chips. 
My two year old has loved them all day. He just walked up to tell me they were good chocolate cookies. I call that a win! 



No comments:

Post a Comment