Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 5-leftovers

Yesterday's menu primarily contained leftovers from various meals before. The biggest exception being my biscuits-almond flour, br rice flour, coconut oil, baking powder and sea salt 
They don't look fancy but they tasted good. They had a nice buttery richness from the coconut oil and a flakiness/crustiness that satisfied my craving for baked goods. I used them to make sausage biscuits with my turkey sausage and crumbled them into my turkey and veggies stew for lunch. 

Dinner was lamb cooked in evoo onions and garlic with butter beans. 

I was ready to throw in the towel last night with the awful headache I have had for days now. Also I've been generally feeling worn our and tired. Instead of eating everything fried, baked and sugar filled in the house, I had some apple cake with almond milk and drank some more water. I had a better nights sleep and went swimming this morning. I still feel foggy but overall better than the last two days. I'm almost halfway to 14 days so I'm pushing on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment