Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I apologize..

Being as sick as I've been I have not let my diet entirely fall to the wayside but have not been as diligent as I was the first week either. 

I started adding back in some dairy with no negative response to eggs or cheese. 

Adding back in pizza ( one slice the night I was at the hospital) definitely triggered some stuff. I don't know which was the bigger culprit the wheat or the tomatoes. I have not had tomatoes since. I have had a bit of wheat/gluten most of it today. I will see what tomorrow brings. It appears possibly milk itself is a trigger even though other dairy products did not cause problems. Is it te lactose or the sugar? Hmm.

I have not gone back to full blown sugar or processed products. I'm still cooking/baking and using whole foods for most of my meals. I don't really intend to jump back into that right now. I have no taste for sugar at the moment. Not only am I not craving sweets, the idea of them turns me off. I will run with that for as long as I can before really adding any back in. 

I'm also questioning my biggest trigger and its role here currently. Water! As I have been sick I have been washing my hands a lot. I have done dishes a few times and was taking baths daily to help with the pain. Is this making the biggest impact? I don't know. My hands are cracked but don't seem to really be flairing up with new blisters too much. I will see if that changes tomorrow morning after having some bread today. 

So the moral of the story is that I am still here and still trying to find some answers in all of this. Getting sick threw a curve ball in the game but I don't want it to derail everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment